The 45th Annual Washington University Kilo Diabetes Symposium was held November 2 – 3 at the Eric P. Newman Education Center. Visiting speaker John Buse, MD, PhD spoke about the new American Diabetes Association guidelines for diabetes and improving outcomes in type 2 diabetes. Maamoun Salam, MD shared information on insulin pumps and sensors, and Janet B. McGill, MD, PhD spoke about kidney disease in diabetes.
Guest faculty included
- John B. Buse, MD, PhD, Verne S. Caviness Distinguished Professor Chief, Division of Endocrinology; Director, Diabetes CenterDirector, NC Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Ralph A. DeFronzo, MD, Professor of Medicine Deputy Director, Texas Diabetes Institute; Division Chief, Diabetes UT Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas
- James McCarter, MD, PhD, Head of ResearchVirta Health, St. Louis, Missouri
- John E. Morley, MB, BCh, Dammert Professor of Gerontology
Director, Division of Geriatric Medicine Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- Louis Philipson, MD, PhD, James C. Tyree Professor for Diabetes Research and Care Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Director, Kovler Diabetes Center, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois