Dr. Carlos Bernal-Mizrachi was elected by the Washington University School of Medicine chapter as a member of Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Society. Elected members must show excellence in scholarship, high professionalism, leadership, and gifted teaching.
Alpha Omega Alpha, founded in 1902, is the national medical honor society. Its mission statement is:
Alpha Omega Alpha — dedicated to the belief that in the profession of medicine we will improve care for all by:
- recognizing high educational achievement;
- honoring gifted teaching;
- encouraging the development of leaders in academia and the community;
- supporting the ideals of humanism; and
- promoting service to others.
Election to Alpha Omega Alpha is an honor signifying a lasting commitment to scholarship, leadership, professionalism, and service. A lifelong honor, membership in the society confers recognition for a physician’s dedication to the profession and art of healing.