Regarding the recent decision by the Department of Health and Human Services to revoke protections against sex discrimination for members of the LGBTQIA community under the Affordable Care Act:
Please know that this ruling will not change any aspect of your care with us. We remain committed to providing sensitive, gender affirming care, and we stand in solidarity with you in the fight for justice and health equity.
COVID-19 FAQs and transgender health during COVID-19
We are committed to
• Providing personalized, multidisciplinary care that addresses each individual’s unique needs, and ensuring that care is confidential
• Promoting an accepting and respectful environment, including using preferred names and pronouns
• Providing a caring, compassionate staff that have specific training regarding gender topics
• Administering gender-affirming hormones that make a person’s physical body match their gender identity
• Therapy provided with an “informed consent” model that does not require support letters from therapists
• Interdisciplinary group that includes breast and plastic surgeons, urological surgery, speech therapy, reproductive health, dermatology, trans-affirmative gynecologic care and mental health
• Referral to surgeons with expertise in gender-affirming surgery
• Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and comprehensive HIV and screening for sexually transmitted diseases
• Pelvic care for transmen provided within the transgender clinic
Requesting an Appointment
To make an appointment call 314-362-3500, Option 1.
The Washington University Transgender Center accepts self-referrals or referrals from physicians and mental health providers. The main clinic is located in the Center for Advanced Medicine, Suite 5C and there is a satellite location in south county.
Center for Advanced Medicine
4921 Parkview Place, Suite 5C
St. Louis MO 63110
Center for Advanced Medicine — South County
5201 Midamerica Place
St. Louis, MO 63129