We provide sensitive, gender affirming care, and we stand in solidarity with you in the fight for justice and health equity.
COVID-19 FAQs and transgender health during COVID-19
We are committed to
- Providing personalized, multidisciplinary care that addresses each individual’s unique needs, and ensuring that care is confidential
- Promoting an accepting and respectful environment, including using preferred names and pronouns
- Providing a caring, compassionate staff that have specific training regarding gender topics
- Administering gender-affirming hormones that make a person’s physical body match their gender identity
- Therapy provided with an “informed consent” model that does not require support letters from therapists
- Interdisciplinary group that includes breast and plastic surgeons, urological surgery, speech therapy, reproductive health, dermatology, trans-affirmative gynecologic care and mental health
- Referral to surgeons with expertise in gender-affirming surgery
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and comprehensive HIV and screening for sexually transmitted diseases
- Pelvic care for transmen provided within the transgender clinic
Requesting an Appointment
To make an appointment call 314-362-3500, Option 1.
The Washington University Transgender Center accepts self-referrals or referrals from physicians and mental health providers. The main clinic is located in the Center for Advanced Medicine, Suite 5C and there is a satellite location in south county.
Center for Advanced Medicine
4921 Parkview Place, Suite 5C
St. Louis MO 63110
Center for Advanced Medicine — South County
5201 Midamerica Place
St. Louis, MO 63129