Thank you for your interest in a clinical fellowship position in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism in the Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Lipid Research at Washington University School of Medicine. We will be accepting applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Interviews will be conducted virtually this year to select four (4) first year fellows based on academic accomplishment and proven clinical skills. The period of training is for not less than two years; three years are strongly recommended.
J1 visas and H1 transfer visas are considered depending on the availability of funding sources each year.
Qualifications for admission to the fellowship program include the successful completion of a three year program in internal medicine, and US citizenship or a valid visa. Graduates of foreign medical schools must provide proof of having passed the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certifying examinations.
Applications must include
- Completed Universal Application (ERAS Common Application form)
- Personal statement including description of career plans
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE scores
- ECFMG status report for foreign medical graduates
- Dean’s letter of recommendation for internship
- At least three (3) letters of recommendation including one letter from the Chief of your clinical services or your thesis advisor
- A letter from your former research mentor is requested if you have prior research experience
July 7, 2021 Applicants may begin applying to program
July 21, 2021 ERAS post office opens for downloading applications
December 1, 2021 Match Day
July 1, 2022 Fellowship training begins