Now and throughout the year, we celebrate the beauty, diversity and resilience of the transgender community. We acknowledge the disproportionate toll of violence perpetrated against transgender people of color, and particularly transgender women of color, and recognize the urgent need for ongoing action to combat bigotry and support the rights of all people to live authentically.
We are committed to providing confidentiality and personalized, multidisciplinary care that addresses each individual’s unique needs. This includes providing compassionate staff that have specialized gender topic training and that promote an accepting and respectful environment, while also using patient preferred names and pronouns.
We stand with our Endocrine Society colleagues in condemning the recent order by Texas governor Greg Abbott that would classify evidence based medical therapy for transgender youth as abuse. Please visit here for further information.
- gender-affirming hormones that make a person’s physical body match their gender identity
- therapy provided with an “informed consent” model that does not require support letters from therapists
- interdisciplinary group that includes breast and plastic surgeons, urological surgery, speech therapy, reproductive health, dermatology, trans-affirmative gynecologic care and mental health
- referrals to surgeons with expertise in gender-affirming surgery
- pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), comprehensive HIV, and screening for sexually transmitted diseases
- pelvic care for transmen provided within the transgender clinic
COVID-19 FAQs and transgender health during COVID-19
Requesting an Appointment
To make an appointment call 314-362-3500, Option 1.
The Washington University Transgender Center accepts self-referrals or referrals from physicians and mental health providers.
Center for Advanced Medicine
4921 Parkview Place, Suite 5C
St. Louis MO 63110
Center for Advanced Medicine — South County
5201 Midamerica Place Suite 2300
St. Louis, MO 63129
Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Medical Building 4— West County
This location opened on April 11, 2022.
1044 N. Mason Road, Suite 330
St. Louis, MO 63141
Research and clinical studies are a vital part of improving patient care and bringing new therapies, diagnostic tools, and medicine to the healthcare community. Learn about our clinical trial volunteer opportunities.