Congratulations to our faculty member, Julie M. Silverstein, MD and her colleagues at the Washington University Pituitary Center for their successful pituitary conference held this past weekend. The conference titled, Update on the Management of Pituitary Tumors 2018, took place on September 15, 2018 at the St. Louis College of Pharmacy.
Conference speakers presented the latest updates and recent advancements in the management of pituitary region tumors and related disorders. Opening remarks were given by Chairman of the Department of Nuerosurgery, Ralph G. Dacey, Jr., MD. Guest speakers included John D. Carmichael, MD,Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine and Co-Director, USC Pituitary Center, Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California and Nelson M. Oyesiku, MD, PhD, FACS, Al Lerner Chair & Vice-Chairman, Professor, Neurosurgery & Medicine (Endocrinology) and Co-Director of the Emory Pituitary Center, Emory University School of Medicine.
The course was designed for physicians in endocrinology, neurosurgery, primary care, obstetrics and gynecology, otolaryngology, radiation oncology, physician assistants, nurses and nurse practitioners.
Topics covered during the conference included:
- Neuroradiological Features of Sellar Pathology
- Advances in Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery
- Surgical Approaches and Results for Cushing’s Disease
- Evaluation and Management of Hypothalamic Obesity
- Incidentalomas and Resected Adenomas: What should we do with them?
- Diagnosis and Management of Adult Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Management of Acromegaly Not Cured by Surgery
- Radiation Treatment for Functional Tumors.
For more information on pituitary tumors and the Washington University Pituitary Center